GCSE results 2019
We're congratulating students for once again achieving fantastic GCSE results.
Out of the 135 students who took exams, 60% achieved a grade 4 or higher in English and maths, with 40% achieving a grade 5 or above.
Notably, seven students achieved an outstanding 60 GCSEs between them at grades 9-7 – a grade 9 puts students in to the top 2-3% of the whole UK student population:
- Dominic Olney – four at grade 9, three at grade 8 and one at grade 7
- Dan Millward – three at grade 9, five at grade 8 and two at grade 7
- Poppy Troth – one at grade 9, six at grade 8 and three at grade 7
- Ben Lawrence – two at grade 9, three at grade 8 and four at grade 7
- Maddie John – three at grade 9, one at grade 8 and three at grade 7
- Hannah Blake – five at grade 8 and four at grade 7
- Mia Lenton – two at grade 9, four at grade 8 and one at grade 7
Mark Pollard, Headteacher, commented: "We're thrilled that so many students achieved such outstanding results, congratulations to every one of them. They all showed great dedication during the exam period and worked extremely hard to achieve their grades. We anticipate the school's Progress 8 score will be positive again this year, which highlights how our students achieved above the expected level of progress. We wish all our Year 11 leavers the very best for their future endeavours."