Success for students as Bishop Perowne announces best ever GCSE results
The GCSE results are in and we are delighted to announce our students have received the best results to date.
A stunning 26% of grades awarded to Bishop Perowne students across all subjects were at A grade / grade 7 or better. In English Literature five students were awarded grade 9, putting them in the top 2-3% of the whole UK student population.
Our students also excelled this year in Religious Education (RE). Of the 87 students who took the exam, 60% received A*/A grades.
Notably, six students received a stunning 55 A*- A / 9-8 grades between them:
- Jordana Cholmondely achieved an impressive two grade 9s, one grade 8, six A*s and an A
- Jakob Terry attained one grade 9, two grade 8s, six A*s and an A
- Hannah Bushell took home one grade 9, one grade 8, five A*s and one As
- Zoe Maiden received one grade 8, four A*s and three As
- Josh Bentley was awarded one grade 8, three A*s and five As
- Rachel Wakefield received one grade 9, one grade 8, three A*s and five As
Mark Pollard, Headteacher at Bishop Perowne, said:
"We are thrilled with this year's results. They are testament to the hard work and commitment from our students and staff. We have seen significant progress across the board in subject results. The proportion of students achieving a pass (grade 4 or better) in English and Maths increased by 11% compared to last year. 57% of students in total achieved this significant threshold. Taken individually, English saw an 8.4% increase in the pass rate to 68.2% and Maths a 15.2% increase to 62.6%. This represents a fantastic achievement which demonstrates the huge steps forward we are taking as a school.
"On behalf of everyone at Bishop Perowne I would like to congratulate every student on their success. I believe that these results will put us in a position to be considered as one of, if not the most improved school in the county."